Today I received a nice surprise when I opened my email, Meg from the wonderful Meg Travels blog had nominated me for the Versatile Blogger award. Now, although I had seen the award on other blogs, I didn’t really know much about it and I since discovered that there are rules to follow.
Rule #1: Thank the award-giver and link back to them in your post.
Meg Travels takes me to places I have never been as well as bringing back happy memories of the destinations I have been lucky enough to visit. Thank you Meg for your kind words, I am so glad that you enjoy my posts and the feeling is mutual!
Rule #2: Share 7 things about yourself.
- I held my high school record for the 400m sprint for 2 years
- Some of my favourite movies are old musicals and at this time of year I watch White Christmas starring Bing Crosby several times.
- I love to wear my winter flannelette pyjamas more than any other item of clothing often staying in them all day on a weekend.
- My office is filled with books and images relating to travel and art, very little has anything to do with my work.
- I have watched the Buffy and Angel series too many times to remember and I watch them in sequence.
- Celebrities can be entertaining, I enjoy watching interviews with people like Robin Williams, Ricky Gervais and Kate Winslet but I loathe this fascination that people have with the lives of celebrities and whether they’re pregnant, gay, wearing makeup or not, etc.
- My dogs mean the world to me, I cannot and don’t want to imagine a life without them and I can’t understand how people can be so cruel and dismissive of animals in general.
Rule #3: Pass this award along to 15 recently discovered blogs you enjoy reading.
I love these blogs for different reasons, some are funny and make me smile, others allow me to indulge in my love for travel and photography and a few touch my heart with their stories of second chances.
- Twenty-Six To Life
- Sarah Smiles Awhile
- Margie in Italy
- Once in a Lifetime Travel
- Love and a six-foot leash
- Cultural Comments
- Midi-Life Crisis
- Ruthless Things
- Outdoor Guy Photography
- At Home in Tuscany
- Kerstenbeck Photographic Art
- Lucky Dog Rescue Blog
- Our traveling without moving
Rule #4: Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know about the award.
Getting onto this right now!
Thanks again Meg and happy blogging!