This post has been a long time coming, much has been happening in both my personal and working life resulting in sporadic blog posts and a lengthy delay in acknowledging awards that Two Black Dogs has received in the last couple of months.
I’ve given my response to these awards alot of thought and have decided to very loosely follow the rules mainly because my sphere of blogs is still quite small and I feel as though I just keep awarding the same blogs over and over again. You may have read Restlessjo’s post about her awards dilemma, that post is what inspired me to approach the blog awards differently, like Jo, I am time poor but I still want to be able to say thank you and recognise the efforts of other bloggers. It is not that the blogs I’ve nominated aren’t worthy of getting all the awards doing the rounds, but instead of nominating a set number of blogs for each award I’m going to nominate ten blogs that I haven’t nominated before and the recipients can choose which award (or perhaps all of them) they feel best represents them. In addition, I will be setting up an Awards page, on this I will feature all the awards that have been bestowed upon me as well as links to those who nominated me and my recipients, hopefully you will discover a new blog or several to love and cherish 🙂
First I would like to thank Fabulous Fur Friends for the Illuminating Blogger award, a blog devoted to the health and welfare of animals, highlighting the joys of pet ownership and in particular, the story of her beautiful dogs Rupert and April. I have received this award before, hence my laziness in redirecting you to that award post rather than repeating myself.
The two other awards I have received are the One Lovely Blog Award and the Very Inspiring Blog Award.
For these awards I would like to thank the Margie from the delightful margieinitaly blog, Margie writes extensively about destinations and her travel experiences in Italy as well as featuring interesting news articles that you probably won’t see in the mainstream media. margieinitaly helps me get my ‘Italy fix’, mille grazie Margie!
The other nominations for these awards came from The Lanther and Tales of life with Cats and Dogs. Both of these blogs have feature photos of gorgeous black dogs and wonderful stories and I thank you both for nominating Two Black Dogs.
The Lanther is an amusing blog from the perspective of a dog called Boulu, there is sometimes a serious side to his posts but generally it is a fun read complete with entertaining videos featuring the Lanther (read how he got that nickname) Boulu. Thank you kindly for your nomination Lanther, it is much appreciated.
Tales of life with Cats and Dogs is a blog that looks at life with cats and dogs, Bosun Dawg explores the love, joy and heartbreak that comes with pet ownership, his heartfelt words and the poetry he often posts has the power to bring tears to my eyes. Thank you for nominating me for the Very Inspiring Blogger and One Lovely Blog awards, the acknowledgement is mutual.
In return for receiving these awards I am supposed to tell you (in total) 9 things about myself, nominate 30 blogs and let those 30 blogs know that they have been nominated. Now, as I said before I’m going to follow these rules loosely so here are 3 things about me and 10 blogs that I’ve never nominated before but are nonetheless worthy of these awards.
3 things about me
- I love spending my Saturdays in my winter pyjamas, they are my favourite item of clothing.
- I believe that aating chocolate mud cake is ok anytime of day, even breakfast.
- Living in the Italian countryside or the south/south west of France for 12 months (at least) is my 5-10 year plan although I would pack my bags and go tomorrow if I could.
…and the Illuminating, Very Inspiring and One Lovely Blog awards go to:
- Dogs Inner City – because they share my love of dogs, food and photography
- Adventures of a Dog Mom – another blog that combine a love of food and dogs
- Bagni di Lucca and Beyond – A blog featuring the picturesque village of Bagni di Lucca in Italy and lots of lovely travel stories.
- Sharing My Italy – What is not to love if you are an Italophile like me?
- Doggy’s Style – the entertaining antics of a Spanish Water Dog
- Paws to Talk – Bella and DiDi give great advice to pooches and their humans all over the world
- 1001 Scribbles – travel and amazing photography that makes you see things from a different perspective.
- The Fuzzy Foto – If you love nature photography like I do, you will enjoy looking at the wonderful images on this blog
- Picturette – Awesome illustration and graphic design from an Australian artist
- Apartments I like – I love home decorating magazines as much as I love travel books and dog blogs, this site is fantastic for getting a little inspiration.
Thanks again for all the nominations and thank you to each and every one of you that take the time to visit my blog, like my posts and contribute to my comments, as any Australian would say on receipt of such recognition “I love youse all”.
Have a great weekend!