It’s that time of year again, awards season, time to roll out the red carpet, hire a limo and don a pretty frock (or tuxedo). An actor, director, writer I am not, but in the last two months I have been on the receiving end of a couple of awards and it is about time that I wrote my acceptance speech.
The lovely and talented ladies Meg and MariaGiovanna, from Meg Travels and Sharing My Italy nominated me for the Blog of the Year 2012, thank you Meg and MariaGiovanna! If you love travel, and particularly travel in Italy, you will find much to love about these blogs.
As with all blogging awards, there are ‘rules’ and the rules for this award are simple:
- Select the blog(s) you think deserve the ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award
- Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen – there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ them with their award
- Please include a link back to this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award – http://thethoughtpalette.co.uk/our-awards/blog-of-the-year-2012-award/ and include these ‘rules’ in your post (please don’t alter the rules or the badges!)
- Let the blog(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the ‘rules’ with them
- You can now also join our Facebook page – click the link here ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/BlogoftheYear/ and then you can share your blog with an even wider audience
- As a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award – and then proudly display the award on your blog and sidebar … and start collecting stars…
Rather than nominate blogs which I haven’t nominated before as is my usual practice, the list of my nominees for this award will be a mix and I’ll also be adding them to my blog awards page.
…and the award goes to:
If you haven’t already checked these blogs out, please do especially if you love travel, photography, dogs and design.
The other award I recently received is the Versatile Blogger Award and it comes from Jax of Paper and Lace, a gorgeous blog dedicated to making life easier for Kiwi brides. Paper and Lace features wedding photography, ideas for decorator, a black book of wedding suppliers and freebie stationery designs such as calendars. Although I’m already married, I love looking at the photos on Paper and Lace and admiring the creative work that people produce to make a wedding day special. I have received the Versatile Blogger Award previously, but the badge is different for this one so I’m going to (sort of) follow the rules 🙂
The rules for the Versatile Blogger Award are as follows:
- Display the Award Certificate on your website
- Announce your win with a post and link to whoever presented your award
- Present 15 awards to deserving bloggers
- Drop them a comment to tip them off after you’ve linked them in the post
- Post 7 interesting things about yourself
Given that I’ve done this before, see: Versatile Blogger Award I’m only going to offer up 3 things about myself and nominate 3 blogs that I haven’t nominated previously.
…and the award goes to:
Richard Tulloch’s Life on the Road – Richard is a talented, experienced and published writer blogging about his travel adventures which extend as far as Europe but also include destinations much closer to home.
Travelling Italy with Lyn – Lyn has a passion for travel, particularly travel in Italy which I understand completely and it has been a joy following her adventures in one of my favourite countries.
The Midwest Maven – I love the description that Jorie provides about her blog: “It’s like a cyber junk drawer, but with better organization and fewer rubber bands.” Jorie writes about travel, food, dogs and everyday life and I like her style.
Three things about me:
- I am a compulsive purchaser and collector of travel guides and brochures.
- Spending time alone at home with my dogs is one of my most favourite things to do and it helps recharge my flagging energy supply.
- I miss my Nanna’s old fashioned, homestyle cooking that was never fancy but always delicious. Dishes such as creamed rice with cooked peaches, chewy anzac biscuits and the best Christmas pudding and custard I have ever eaten.
Thank you for your nominations and support, happy blogging in 2013!