48 hours

We’re back from a quick trip south to attend a family wedding, it takes roughly six and half hours to drive to Port Macquarie in New South Wales so we had roughly 36 hours at our destination. Leaving the dogs at home with a dog sitter we loaded up the car and headed off, feeling guilty for leaving them but knowing that it would result in less worry all round. The drive south took much longer than anticipated as a result of two separate accidents on the highway, at one point we had to turn around and head north west before finding an alternate route south, adding an extra 100kms or thereabouts to our trip. By the time we reached our destination it was well and truly time to enjoy a cold beer and a glass of wine.

My mother in-law and her husband had moved into their new house, located in a rural area much closer to my family it makes travelling between the two locations much easier. Their new home is on acreage, the gardens are huge and overgrown but it is easy to see the potential and I know that they will enjoy turning it into something wonderful. Surrounded by trees the birdlife that visit the backyard are amazing, varying from the common noisy minor to magpies, eastern koels, rainbow lorikeets, satin bowerbirds and scaly-breasted lorikeets. Murphy the labrador and Sammy the border collie certainly seem to like the new place, plenty of sticks for Sammy to fetch and Murphy was pleased with his discovery of a kangaroo leg from the bottom of the garden.

The wedding was a wonderful opportunity to get together with family and the ceremony was conducted on the pretty grounds of Cassegrain’s Winery in Port Macquarie and the reception held at a local Returned Servicemen Club (RSL). The weather had been pretty miserable up until the morning of the ceremony, it was a relief to see the sunshine for such a special occasion. Even though I wasn’t there to take photographs, it is unusual for me to attend any event without my camera in hand and I knew it would be the perfect opportunity to get photographs of my immediate family together, plus I love weddings 🙂

Getting home on the Sunday seemed to take forever, but it was a much faster trip and I know that the time went slow because I couldn’t wait to get home and see our fur kids. The last 48 hours was a bit of a blur, lots of love and laughter and plenty of photographs to remind us of the fun.


17 thoughts on “48 hours

    • twoblackdoggies October 21, 2013 / 3:44 pm

      I sure am, but thankfully that is it until April next year 🙂

  1. queenzdesire12 October 21, 2013 / 3:38 pm

    Nice place….By the way which place is this?

  2. writetowag October 21, 2013 / 4:00 pm

    Gorgeous pics…looks like it was a magical day!!!!

    • twoblackdoggies October 21, 2013 / 4:09 pm

      Thank you! It was a magical day, weddings are such fun occasions 🙂

  3. megtraveling October 21, 2013 / 10:10 pm

    What a wonderful and festive occasion – I really like the pictures of that little girl climbing onto the chair!

    • twoblackdoggies October 22, 2013 / 10:04 am

      Thanks Meg, it was very festive and that little girl is such a tomboy – apparently she was not happy about having to wear that dress and she certainly wasn’t going to stand still throughout the ceremony 🙂

  4. kareninhonolulu October 24, 2013 / 2:01 pm

    Beautiful. The colors of the birds and the clothing are spectacular.

    • twoblackdoggies October 27, 2013 / 2:17 pm

      Thanks Karen, a short but sweet visit and so glad I had my camera.

Thank you for your comment, if you don't want to be notified of following comments on this post, please uncheck the Notify option below.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s